Thursday 3 January 2008

Everything's so banal

I think, but I'm not certain. I want to but I just can't find a way. I often think about those things I don't know. Moreover I could even put it like this and say that there are very few absolute certainties in our lives. It honestly tortures me to know that we in fact know nothing at all. It's like Belgian poet Frederik Van Eeden once said: " Nothing is absolutely certain and even that is doubtful ". When you think about it, we just live our lives without asking questions, without even wondering if there might be an other option. Do we even get a choice?

5 comments:

Mie. said...

Nowadays, I'm reading this book, to put out study-stuff of my mind. "In the Time of the Butterflies" offers me the chance to divert. Julia Alvarez writes about four sisters, living in the reign of terror created by general Trujillo, in the Dominican Republic. At the time, all people where profound religious, and éverything, évery phenomenon had an explanation. Given that it was 'God's will'. These days, in our modern world, such things seem unlikely. So I, also, wonder, if there could or would be a time, in which human being can explain the world.. All, of the world.
And if, at this very moment, we can't.. what's the point of life?
Purposed not to become lunatic, we'd better believe an other Belgian poet, who said "The meaning of life is, giving her meaning."
-Bertus Aafjes

,xX°Marloe

Anonymous said...

life is banal if you leave it that way.
hip hip hurray for impulsive people captain! if you're to die, you must inspire while you live!
aaight!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.. x

Anonymous said...

thats what learned in filosophy lessons...^^

Anonymous said...

Gosh

You're so right. It is banal...